Great Homemade Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day
Here are some fun handmade gift ideas for Mom.
Fun Mother’s Day Trivia
- First Mother’s day – May 10, 1908 was founded by Anna Jarvis, in hopes to fulfill her mother’s wish. She and her friends and supporters began a letter-writing campaign to establish a national holiday in celebration of the importance of motherhood.
- President Woodrow Wilson made an official announcement proclaiming Mother’s Day as a national holiday that was to be held each year on the 2nd Sunday of May.
- Mother’s day is celebrated internationally
- Kittens are born both blind and deaf, but the vibration of their mother’s purring is a physical signal that the kittens can feel – it acts like a homing device, signaling them to nurse.
- A mother giraffe often gives birth while standing, so the new born’s first experience outside the womb is a 1.8-meter (6-foot) drop.
- Just like people, mother chimpanzees often develop lifelong relationships with their offspring.